Terms & Conditions
1. The Clean Energy Innovation Challenge is open to early stage sustainable energy innovators of Nigerian citizenship living in Nigeria.
2. The challenge is not open to:
- Employees of All On and its affiliates.
- Anyone professionally involved in the development or administration of this Challenge.
- Any employee whose employer’s guidelines or regulations do not allow entry in the Challenge.
All On reserves the right to limit, or restrict upon notice, participation in the Challenge to any person who fails to comply with these terms and conditions.
3. To enter the competition, the entrant(s) must meet the following criteria (submission requirements) and confirm acceptance of these terms and conditions:Submission requirements
- Name of Startup
- Year the business was launched
- Entrant’s name(s)
- Email address(es)
- Phone number(s)
- City where entrant(s) is/are based
- Number of user/customers
- All submissions must include a brief description of the business including:
- An outline of the problem that your business/venture addresses.
- An explanation of the solution that is being deployed to address the problem above
4. Following the culmination of the competition, All On reserves the right to use text, images, and video content for display purposes at conferences, meetings and future innovation challenges without copyright or royalty restrictions.
5. Ten finalists will receive incubation support and the top 4 ventures will receive pre-seed investment of $10,000 from All On. They will be supported to launch & grow through the CcHUB Incubation Programme.
6. Entrants will retain the rights to any intellectual property pertaining to their ideas. By entering, except where prohibited by law, each Entrant grants to All On (and their agents, successors, and assigns) the irrevocable, transferable, sublicensable, absolute right and permission to use, edit, modify, copy, reproduce, and distribute the Bot Package (including the Bot and the Bot name) and any other Entrant Content that comprises the Entrant’s Entry in perpetuity and in any medium (including online and in digital media) in any language, throughout the world, for the purposes of evaluating Entries, and administering and marketing this Contest, including (i) announcing and publicizing the name of each and every Bot submitted and its ranking in accordance with the Judges' scores and (ii) selecting, announcing, and publicizing each winner and its Bot. However, by participating in the Clean Energy Innovation Challenge and being shortlisted into the top 10, All On has the first right of refusal in the event that further investment is required to develop the idea further.
7. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
8. All On does not accept responsibility for lost, corrupted or delayed entries as a result of any network, hardware or software failure of any kind.
9. Once an entry has been submitted, no further changes will be accepted.
10. All On reserves the right not to accept an entry if it does not strictly comply with the terms and conditions.
11. A panel of All On appointed experts will judge the entries on their ability to meet the criteria outlined in the focus areas for the challenge and potential to solve the problem outlined. The top 10 idea proponents will be notified - Shortlisted participants will be required to show identification or proof of address which will be verified before the pitch event in March, 2018. Shortlisted participants will have the opportunity to pitch their ideas to the judges and the winning ideas will be chosen.
12. The panel will select a maximum of four entries from all external entries; the panel’s decision is final.
13. The four winners will be notified by email or telephone using the information supplied at time of entry on the competition website. Each finalist may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, indemnity, publicity and liability release, along with an assignment of all rights in and to his/her entry (including copyright and a waiver of any moral rights to the extent allowed by law), within 7 days of notification. Each finalist may also be required to verify the facts of his/her story and/or provide additional documents as may be required by All On to confirm and/or assign rights in the entry.
14. The four winners will be required to submit a video still/image as a hero image for promotional purposes (including full credit and caption information).
15. The top four ideas will receive cash prizes and be supported with a range of services focused on product development, distribution and business modelling to turn their ideas into fully working products to launch in late 2018.
16. Each entrant (s) warrants that the application submitted by his/her team is an original work and that they are the sole and exclusive owner and right holder thereof, and that they have the right to submit the application in the contest.
17. Each entrant agrees and undertakes not to submit any application that (i) infringes any third party proprietary, intellectual property, industrial property, personal rights or other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligation; or (ii) otherwise violates applicable law in any countries in the world. To the maximum extent permitted by law, each entrant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified All On, its affiliates (meaning any legal entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or under common control with All On), agents, directors, officers, employees, representatives and assigns harmless at all times from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the participant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein.
18. In the event of any dispute, the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria shall apply.